Applications for the position of Director General, NACA
7 November 2018 | 421 views | Tags: Governance
The incumbent Director General, Dr Cherdsak Virapat will be completing his term of office on 30 April 2019. The NACA Governing Council has instructed to call for applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons from NACA member states for the position of Director General, tenable from May 2019 for a fixed period of five years. The selected candidate is expected to assume the position by 1 May 2019 after a brief handover period.
Applications will close at 5 PM (Bangkok time) on 15 January 2019. Candidates must be less than 55 years of age on the closing date. Shortlisted candidates will be expected to attend an interview with the 30th NACA Governing Council meeting, which will be held 25-29 March 2019 in People’s Republic of China. Only short listed candidates will be notified of the results of application.
The Director General is responsible for developing and conducting a work programme over a five year period in accordance with the mandate of NACA. The position will be based in the NACA Secretariat, Bangkok, Thailand.
The incumbent will be expected to travel extensively within and outside the region. The responsibilities of the Director General will include management of the Secretariat staff in pursuit of the goals of NACA both in terms of technical and administrative performance standards, and will be the chief financial officer.
Further supporting information can be found on the NACA website.
- A post-graduate degree related to aquaculture.
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in regional or international aquaculture development and research.
- An established track record of successful fund raising.
- Previous experience in management and administration.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and experience in human resource management.
- Must be a citizen of a NACA member state.
The remuneration package is commensurate with equivalent international / regional positions and includes health insurance, child education allowance, relocation and dependents allowances and a vehicle.
Those intending to apply for the position should submit the following via email to email@example.com with copies to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Applications should include:
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including publication list and proof of age.
- A short statement why you are seeking the position of Director General (not exceeding one page).
- A short statement of your aspirations for NACA (not exceeding three pages).