The course will be held at Centex Shrimp, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University in Bangkok, Thailand. Highlights of the course include:
- Updates on major shrimp diseases including EHP, white faeces, and AHPND.
- Shrimp farming systems and management.
- Shrimp molecular immunity.
- Molecular approaches for disease detection including PCR and CRISPR.
- Hands-on laboratory sessions, including pathogenic viral detection using PCR, histological preparations, EHP assays and bioinformatic analysis.
- An optional field trip to local shrimp farms in Surat Thani.
This is a paid training course. Reservations will close on 31 October. For more information, please download the flyer or contact centexcourse2022 ‘at’ gmail.com.