This report describes the experiences and lessons learnt from activities conducted by NACA in Viet Nam to support the sustainable development of the aquaculture sector using better management practices (BMPs) and harmonised strategies for the management of aquatic animal health and environmental problems. The report covers the following achievements:
- Reducing the risk of diseases from seed.
- Reducing the risk of diseases in farms.
- Developing capacity at the provincial level.
- Developing an effective surveillance system.
- Developing capacity at national level.
- Wide dissemination of experiences.
Activities were conducted over the period 2003-2005 thanks to the support of the Danida-funded SUMA (Support to Brackishwater and Marine Aquaculture component of the Fisheries Sector Programme Support (FSPS).
Creative Commons Attribution.