WAS Journal Special Issue: Global Conference on Aquaculture Millennium +20 Thematic Reviews
28 October 2023 | 133 views | Climate change, Food security, safety and certification, Gender, Genetics and biodiversity, Health and welfare, Livelihoods, gender and social issues, Nutrition and feeding, Environment and sustainability, Training and education, Markets and trade, Governance
Eight thematic reviews prepared as preparation for the Global Conference on Aquaculture Millennium +20 (GCA +20) have been published in a Special Issue of the Journal of the World Aquaculture Society "Aquaculture for Food and Sustainable Development". The reviews are available for free download.
The reviews were prepared under the guidance of the International Programme Committee, with the objective to review and update the current understanding on key issues relating to the development of sustainable aquaculture.
A group of experts prepared advanced working drafts of each thematic review and the key findings from each theme were presented and discussed by expert panels during the GCA +20. Participants were then invited to provide their feedback and perspectives on the reviews and their key messages for consideration in finalisation of the papers.
- Editorial: A decadal outlook for global aquaculture
Graham Charles Mair, Matthias Halwart, Yuan Derun, Barry Antonio Costa-Pierce
- The contribution of aquaculture systems to global aquaculture production
Marc Verdegem, Alejandro H. Buschmann, U. Win Latt, Anne J. T. Dalsgaard, Alessandro Lovatelli
- Perspectives on aquaculture's contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals for improved human and planetary health
Max Troell, Barry Costa-Pierce, Selina Stead, Richard S. Cottrell, Cecile Brugere, Anna K. Farmery, David C. Little, Åsa Strand, Roger Pullin, Doris Soto, Malcolm Beveridge, Khalid Salie, Jorge Dresdner, Patricia Moraes-Valenti, Julia Blanchard, Philip James, Rodrigue Yossa, Edward Allison, Christopher Devaney, Uwe Barg
- Harvesting the benefits of nutritional research to address global challenges in the 21st century
Brett Glencross, Débora Machado Fracalossi, Katheline Hua, Marisol Izquierdo, Kangsen Mai, Margareth Øverland, David Robb, Rodrigo Roubach, Johan Schrama, Brian Small, Albert Tacon, Luisa M. P. Valente, Maria-Teresa Viana, Shouqi Xie, Amararatne Yakupityage
- Sustainable management and improvement of genetic resources for aquaculture
A. K. Sonesson, E. Hallerman, F. Humphries, A. W. S. Hilsdorf, D. Leskien, K. Rosendal, D. Bartley, X. Hu, R. Garcia Gomez, G. C. Mair
- Biosecurity: Reducing the burden of disease
Rohana Subasinghe, Victoria Alday-Sanz, Melba G. Bondad-Reantaso, Huang Jie, Andrew P. Shinn, Patrick Sorgeloos
- Dynamics of aquaculture governance
Curtis M. Jolly, Beatrice Nyandat, Zhengyong Yang, Neil Ridler, Felipe Matias, Zhiyi Zhang, Pierre Murekezi, Ana Menezes
- Humanizing aquaculture development: Putting social and human concerns at the center of future aquaculture development
C. Brugere, T. Bansal, F. Kruijssen, M. Williams
- Value chains and market access for aquaculture products
Lahsen Ababouch, Kim Anh Thi Nguyen, Marcio Castro de Souza, Jose Fernandez-Polanco
Creative Commons Attribution.