This System Requirement Report describes national level requirements for data collection and sharing mechanisms for fisheries co-management in the Philippines. It also provides a broad picture of the following for the national fisheries management level in the Philippines, including:
- Range of data and information requirements that exists.
- Typically available manpower, resources and institutional capacity.
- Structure and operations of co-managed fisheries.
- Existing and potentially appropriate data collection tools, sources and methods.
- Existing data storage and processing methods (if any).
- Requirements and opportunities for data and information sharing.
- Lessons and experiences of previous or existing attempts to develop data collection and sharing mechanisms.
Creative Commons Attribution.
NACA publishes technical papers and manuals for a wide variety of farming systems and related environmental and social issues. Many of these provide guidance on better management practices with a view to improving crop outcomes and on-farm resource utilisation efficiency. By using inputs such as feed and power more efficiently, farmers can simultaneously improve their profitability and environmental performance.