Dr Shengyan Su, Fish Genetics and Breeding Research Scientist / Bioinformatics Research Scientist
Freshwater Fisheries Research Centre, Chinese Academy of Fishery Sciences
Skills: Gender, Genetics and biodiversity, Training and education
My research interests include fish genetics and breeding, statistical genetics and bioinformatics in freshwater fish. I have 10 years research experience in inland fisheries breeding and culture (common carp and tilapia), data management, algorithm and software development, molecular biology, training and education. I have developed three new licensed strains and reviewed many papers in food chemistry for the Journal of Yangzhou University (Agricultural and Life Science Edition), Acta Hydrobiologica Sinica and others.
- Special Scientific Research Funds for Central Non-profit Institutes, Chinese Academy of Fishery Sciences (2016RC-LX03).
- Key Projects in the National Science & Technology Pillar Program during the twelfth Five-Year Plan Period (2012BAD26B02).
- National Nonprofit Institute Research Grant of CATAS-TCGRI (2013JBFM14).
- Key Laboratory of Freshwater Aquatic Biotechnology and Breeding, Ministry of Agriculture, Heilongjiang Fisheries Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Fishery Sciences (FBB201401).
- Major new varieties of agriculture in Jiangsu - Breeding of fine varieties of Eriocheir sinensis (PZCZ201749).
- Chinese Earmarked Fund for Modern Agro-Industry Technology Research System (CARS-46).
- National Nonprofit Institute Research Grant of CATAS-TCGRI (2015JBFM09).
- Shengyan ,SU., Pao, Xu., Xinhua, Yuan. (2013). Estimates of combining ability and heterosis for growth traits in a full diallel cross of three strains of common carp, Cyprinus carpio L. African Journal of Biotechnology, 12(22): 3514-3521.
- Yu, S. L., Su, S. Y., Li, Q. F., Zhang , X., Xie, Z. (2013). Duplicated CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein β (C/EBPβ) gene: Transcription and methylation changes in response to dietary betaine in Landes goose liver. Poultry Science, Vol, 92(7): 1878-1887.
- Dong, Z., SU, S.Y., Zhu, W.B., Zhang, C.F., Ding, M., Chen W.X., Yuan, X.H. (2015). Polymorphism analysis and its relationship with growth performance of the intron one of IGF2R in FFRC strain common carp (Cyprinus carpio L). Genetic molecular research, 14(1): 407-418.
- Zhang, C.F., Su, S.Y., Du, F.K., Zhu, J.(2016). Decreased genetic drift under the overlapping conservation. Pakistan J. Zool, 48(1): 39-49.
- Su, S.Y., Dong, Z.J., Zhu, W.B, Wang, L, M, Fu. J.J. (2017). A compensatory growth like analysis of common carp Cyprinus carpio L. among different combinations in full diallel crossing. Pakistan J. Zool., 49(6): 2123-2131.
- Yang, H., Zhu, W.B., Dong, Z.J., Fu, J.J., Wang, L.M., Su, S.Y., Liu, N., Song, F.B., Chen, X.T., Yuan, X.H. (2017). High genetic diversity and differentiation in three red tilapia stocks revealed by microsatellite DNA marker analysis. Aquacutural international, 22: 1-10.
- Mabe, L., Su, S.Y., Tang, D., Zhu, W.B, Wang S.G., Dong. Z.J. (2017). The effect of dietary bamboo charcoal supplementation on the growth and serum biochemical parameters of juvenile common carp (Cyprinus Carpio) and resistance to Aeromonas hydrophila infection. Aquacutural Nutrition, 2017 (accepted).
- Su, S.Y., Dong. Z.J. (2018). Comparative analysis of Common Carp (Cyprinus carpio L) and tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) Bone Morphogenetic Protein 4 (BMP4). Gene expression pattern, 27: 106-113.
- Su, S.Y., Chen, J., Wang, Y.H., Xing, J., Xu, P., Yuan, Y.H. (2018). Comparative miRNA Expression Profiles of Chinese Giant Salamander Analysis Identify the Respiratory Related Genes. BMC genomics, 19: 406.
- Su, S.Y., Dong, Z.J., Zhu, W.B., Yuan, X.H. (2014). elationship between IGF2a intron 3 single nucleotide polymorphisms and growth performance of Cyprinus carpio. Journal of Zhejiang University (Agric. & Life Sci.), 40(5): 562-567.
- Su, S.Y., Dong, Z.J., Zhu, W.B.(2017). Country property identification and its application assessment of common carp (Cyprinus carpio L) stocks though 4 mtDNA sequences.Journal of Yangzhou University (Agricultural and Life Science Edition), 1: 45-51.
- Su, S. Y., Pan, W. J., Zhang, X. Z., Huang, C. J., Zhang, C. F., Tang, D., Xu, P. (2017). Effects of compensatory growth performance with different starvation-feeding schedules on juvenile Cyprinus carpio haematopterus new strain. Journal of Shanghai Ocean University, 26(5): 699-705.
- Su, S.Y., Zhang, C.F., Dong, Z.J., Xu, P., Yuan, X.H. (2018). The breeding gain of Huanghe carp (Cyprinus carpio hacmalopterus Temminck et Schlegel) new strain G3 - The effect of higher carbohydrate diet on growth and fatty acid profile of huanghe carp new strain. Journal of Yangzhou University (Agricultural and Life Science Edition), 39: 63–66.
- Zhang, C.F., Su, Jian Zhu, J., Shi.L.Y. (2017). Candidate Parents Selection Containing Multiple Genotypes with higher performance and Correlated Molecular Markers’ Genetic Effects Analysis. Acta Hydrobiologica Sinica, 41(1): 79-85.