Prof. Ziping Zhang, Professor
College of Animal Science, Fujian Agriculture and Forestry University
Skills: Culture-based fisheries, Freshwater finfish, Genetics and biodiversity, Hatchery and nursery, Marine finfish, Nutrition and feeding, Molluscs (shellfish and other), Shrimp, Crabs and lobsters, Environment and sustainability, Freshwater prawns, Ornamentals
My research interests include aquatic stress physiology and molecular ecotoxicology; aquatic molecular immunology; aquatic reproductive physiology; aquatic genetics and breeding. I have more than thirty years’ research experience in related fields. I have received more than twenty research grants from the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), the National Key Research and Development Project of China, the National Institute of Health (NIH, USA), the Great Lakes Fisheries Commission (GLFC, USA & Canada). I have published over 100 peer-reviewed articles and received several academic awards from academic organizations such as the Chinese Fisheries Society. I have a lot of experience in review of academic articles submitted to top journals in the field and review of research proposals submitted to NIH, NSFC, the National Centre of Science and Technology Evaluation of Kazakhstan, and other scientific foundations. I also have worked as a technical consultant to provide professional guidance for the industry for many years.
- 2018- PI. Heredity and molecular mechanism of stress-resistance traits of abalone. Source of Funding: the National Key Research and Development Project of China. RMB¥4,500,000. (Award Number: 2018YFD0900304-5).
- 2018- PI. Application of genome editing in innovation and industrialization of Fugu seed industry. Source of Funding: Fujian Marine and Fisheries Bureau. RMB¥3,000,000. (Award Number: KLG18H01A).
- 2017- PI. Molecular mechanism of specific immune priming and function of eyestalk in specific immune priming in Scylla paramamosain. Source of Funding: National Science Foundation of China (NSFC). RMB¥8200,000. (Award Number: 31672681).
- 2016- PI. Special research grant awards for Leading University Professor of Fujian Province. Source of Funding: Fujian Education Bureau. RMB¥6,000,000.
- 2010- 2014 PI. Development of transcriptome-based biomarkers from melanoma in hybrid fish. Source of Funding: The National Institute of Health. $221,250. (Award Number: R15CA147871).
- 2009- 2016 PI. Development of a PCR based method for fertility assessment male sea lamprey. Source of Funding: The Great Lake Fisheries Commission. $150,000. (Award Number: 001857-052009).
- 2011-2014 Co-PI. Evaluation of Petroleum-Derived Hydrocarbons Accumulation in Menhaden and Potential for Trophic Transfer (Continuation Year 2). Source of Funding: Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries-LSU. $302,795.
- 2012-2015 Co-PI. Transcriptome analysis on immunosuppression of abalone in responses to high temperature and hypoxia. Source of Funding: NSFC. RMB¥700,000. (Award Number: 41176152).
- 2011-2014 Co-PI. Transcriptome analysis of eyestalk regulation of gonad development in mud crab Scylla paramamosain. Source of Funding: NSFC. RMB¥340,000. (Award Number: 31072200)
- 2009-2011 Co-PI. Studies on the molecular mechanism of abalone imposex caused by TBT. Source of Funding: NSFC. RMB¥280,000. (Award Number: 20877034).
- Zhang X, Huang D.P., Jia X.W., Zou Z.H., Wang Y.L., Zhang Z.P.*. Functional analysis of the promoter of the molt-inhibiting hormone (mih) gene in mud crab Scylla paramamosain. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2018, 259:131-140. Epub 2017 Nov 21.
- Liu C.Y., Jia X.W., Zou Z.H., Wang X.W., Wang Y.L., Zhang Z.P.*. VIH from the mud crab is specifically expressed in the eyestalk and potentially regulated by transactivator of Sox9/Oct4/Oct1. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2018, 255:1-11. Epub 2017 Sep 19.
- Zhang X., Sun Y.Y., Wang G.D., Lin S., Zeng X.Y., Wang Y.L., Zhang Z.P.*. PI3K-AKT signaling pathway is involved in hypoxia/thermal-induced immunosuppression of small abalone Haliotis diversicolor. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016, 59:492-508.
- Chen S., Pu L., Xie F., Zou Z., Jiang Y., Han K., Wang Y., and Zhang Z.P.*: Differential expression of three estrogen receptors mRNAs in tissues, growth development, embryogenesis and gametogenesis from large yellow croaker, Larimichthys crocea. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2015, 216:134–151.
- Gao J., Wang X.W., Zou Z.H., Jia X.W., Wang Y.L., and Zhang Z.P.*: Transcriptome analysis of the differences in gene expression between testis and ovary in green mud crab (Scylla paramamosain). BMC Genomics 2014, 15:585.
- Zhang X., Huang Y.Y., Cai X.H., Zou Z.H., Wang G.D., Wang S.H., Wang Y.L., Zhang Z.P.*. Identification and expression analysis of immune-related genes linked to Rel/NF-κB signaling pathway under stresses and bacterial challenge from the small abalone Haliotis diversicolor. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2014, 41:200-208.
- Huang Y.T., Cai X.H., Zou Z.H., Wang S.H., Wang G.D., Wang Y.L., Zhang Z.P.* Molecular cloning, characterization and expression analysis of three heat shock responsive genes from Haliotis diversicolor. Fish & Shellfish Immunology. 2014, 36(2):590-599.
- Han K.H., Dai Y.B., Zou Z.H., Fu M.J., Wang Y.L., Zhang Z.P.*. Molecular characterization and expression profiles of cdc2 and cyclin B during oogenesis and spermatogenesis in green mud crab (Scylla paramamosain). Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology. Part B, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology. 2012, 163(3-4):292-302.
- Ma A., Wang Y., Zou Z., Fu M., Lin P., Zhang Z.P.*. Erk2 in Ovarian Development of Green Mud Crab Scylla paramamosain. DNA and Cell Biology. 2012, 31(7)1233-1244.
- Zhang Z.P., Wang Y.L., Wang S.H., Liu J.T., Warren W., Mitreva M., Walter R.B. Transcriptome analysis of male and female Xiphophorus maculatus Jp 163 A. PLoS ONE 2011, 6(4):e18379.
- Wang Y.L., Chen, Y.D., Han, K.H., Zou, Z.H., Zhang Z.P.*. A vasa gene from green mud crab Scylla paramamosain and its expression during gonadal development and gametogenesis. Molecular biology reports. 2011, 39(4):4327-35.
- Zhang Z.P., Shen B.L., Wang Y.L., Wang G.D., Chen Y., Lin P., Wang S.H., Zou Z.H. Differential expression of proliferating cell nuclear antigen in the developing ovary and testis of penaeid shrimp Marsupenaeus japonicus. DNA and Cell Biology. 2010, 29(4):163-70.
- Zhang Z.P., Cheng H., Wang Y.L., Wang S.H., Xie F.J., Li S.J. Acrosome reaction of sperm in the mud crab Scylla serrata as a sensitive toxicity test for metal exposures. Archives of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, 2010, 58(1):96-104.
- Zhang Z.P., Ju Z.L., Wells M.C., Walter R.B. Genomic approaches in the identification of hypoxia biomarkers in model fish species. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 2009, 381:S180-187.
- Zhang Z.P., Wu R.S.S., Mok, H.O.L., Wang Y.L., Poon W.W., Cheng S.H., Kong R.Y. Isolation, characterization and expression analysis of a hypoxia-responsive glucose transporter gene from the grass carp, Ctenopharyngodon idellus. European Journal of Biochemistry. 2003, 270(14):3010-3017.
College of Animal Science
Fujian Agriculture and Forestry University
15 Shangxiadian, Fuzhou, 350002
Mobile: +86 177 2081 3708
External profile URL