Prof. Fu Hongtuo, Research Scientist
Freshwater Fisheries Research Center, Chinese Academy of Fishery Sciences
My research interests are the genetic improvement and culture of the freshwater prawn Macrobrachium nipponese.
- Study on the function and interaction of four sex-related genes in Macrobrachium nipponense. National Natural Science Foundation of China.
- Genetic improvement and key techniques of breeding in freshwater prawns. National Key R&D Program of China “Blue Granary”.
- Study on selection technology for new varieties in Macrobrachium nipponense. National “Twelfth Five-Year plan” Supporting Program for Science & Technology of China.
- Germplasm resources and genetic improvement of Macrobrachium nipponense. China Agriculture Research System “Shrimps and Crabs”.
- Jiangsu Agricultural Industry Technology System “Macrobrachium nipponense”. Agricultural Industry Technology System of Jiangsu Province.
- Research and application of selection technology by gene polymerization in Macrobrachium nipponense. Science & Technology Supporting Program of Jiangsu Province.
- Selection of new varieties of good quality, high yield and stress-resistance in Macrobrachium nipponense. Science & Technology Supporting Program of Jiangsu Province.
- Creation of excellent new varieties of Macrobrachium nipponense. Creation Program of Excellent New Varieties of Jiangsu Province.
- Exploitation of germplasm resources and functional genes of Macrobrachium nipponense based on whole genome sequencing. Three Innovations Engineering of Jiangsu Province.
Journal articles / periodicals
- Qiang Lin, Ying Qiu, Ruobo Gu, Meng Xu, Jia Li, Chao Bian, Huixian Zhang, Geng Qin, Yanhong Zhang, Wei Luo, Jieming Chen, Xinxin You, Mingjun Fan, Min Sun, Pao Xu, Byrappa Venkatesh, Junming Xu*, Hongtuo Fu*, et al. (2017) Draft genome of the lined seahorse, Hippocampus erectus. GigaScience, Vol. 6 (6), pp. 1-6.
- Sun, S.M.; Guo Z.B.; Fu, H.T.*; et al. (2018). Integrated metabolomic and transcriptomic analysis of brain energy metabolism in the male Oriental river prawn (Macrobrachium nipponense) in response to hypoxia and reoxygenation. Environmental Pollution, Vol. 243, pp. 1154-1165.
- Jin S, Bian C, Jiang S, Sun S, Xu L, Xiong Y, Qiao H, Zhang W, You X, Li J, Gong Y, Ma B, Shi Q*, Fu H*. (2019). Identification of candidate genes for the plateau adaptation of a Tibetan amphipod, Gammarus lacustris, through integration of genome and transcriptome sequencing. Frontiers in genetics, Vol. 10.
- Hui Qiao, Hongtuo Fu*, et al. (2017). Molecular insights into reproduction regulation of female Oriental River prawns Macrobrachium nipponense through comparative transcriptomic analysis. Scientific Reports, Vol. 7(1), pp. 12161.
- Sun, S.M.; Wu, Y.; Fu, H.T.* et al. (2019). Evaluating expression of autophagy-related genes in oriental river prawn Macrobrachium nipponense as potential biomarkers for hypoxia exposure. Ecotoxicology and environmental safety, Vol. 171, pp. 484-492.
- Shengming Sun, Fujun Xuan, Hongtuo Fu*, et al. (2016). Comparative proteomic study of the response to hypoxia in the muscle of oriental river prawn (Macrobrachium nipponense). Journal of Proteomics, Vol. 138, pp. 115-123.
- Shengming Sun, Fujun Xuan, Hongtuo Fu* et al. (2015). Transciptomic and histological analysis of hepatopancreas, muscle and gill tissues of oriental river prawn (Macrobrachium nipponense) in response to chronic hypoxia. BMC Genomics, Vol. 16, pp. 491.
- Yuning Hu, Hongtuo Fu*, et al. (2018). Validation and evaluation of reference genes for Quantitative real-time PCR in Macrobrachium nipponense. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, Vol. 19(8), pp. 2258.
- Shubo Jin, Hongtuo Fu* , et al. (2013). Transcriptome analysis of androgenic gland for discovery of novel genes from the oriental river prawn, Macrobrachium nipponense, using Illumina Hiseq 2000. PLOS ONE, Vol. 8 (10), pp. e76840.
- Sun, S.M., Guo, Z.B., Fu, H.T.*, et al. (2018). Based on the metabolomic approach the energy metabolism responses of oriental river prawn Macrobrachium nipponense hepatopancreas to acute hypoxia and reoxygenation. Front Physiol, Vol. 9, pp. 76.
- Shengming Sun, Fujun Xuan, Hongtuo Fu*, , et al. (2017). Molecular cloning, characterization and expression analysis of caspase-3 from the oriental river prawn, Macrobrachium nipponense when exposed to acute hypoxia and reoxygenation. Fish & Shellfish Immunology, Vol. 62, pp. 291-302.
- Xizhang Gu, Hongtuo Fu*, et al., (2017). Dietary cholesterol-induced transcriptome changes in the intestine, hepatopancreas, and muscle of oriental river prawn Macrobrachium nipponense. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology Part D: Genomics and Proteomics, Vol. 23, pp. 39-48.
- FaJun Li, Hongkun Bai, Yiwei Xiong, Hongtuo Fu*, et al., (2015). Molecular characterization of insulin-like androgenic gland hormone-binding protein gene from the oriental river prawn Macrobrachium nipponense and investigation of its transcriptional relationship with the insulin-like androgenic gland hormone gene. General and Comparative Endocrinology, Vol. 216, pp. 152-160.
- Hongkun Bai, Hui Qiao, Fajun Li, Hongtuo Fu*, et al. (2015). Molecular characterization and developmental expression of vitellogenin in the oriental river prawn Macrobrachium nipponense and the effects of RNA interference and eyestalk ablation on ovarian maturation. Gene, Vol. 562(1), pp. 22-31.
- Chen Suhua, Qiao Hui, Hongtuo Fu*, et al. (2017). Molecular cloning, characterization, and temporal expression of the clock genes period and timeless in the oriental river prawn Macrobrachium nipponense during female reproductive development. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology Part A: Molecular & Integrative Physiology, Vol. 207, pp. 43-51.
Book chapters and articles within proceedings
- Hongtuo Fu. (2018) Culture of the Oriental River Prawn (Macrobrachium nipponense). Jian-Fang Gui, Qisheng Tang, Zhongjie Li, Jiashou Liu, Sena S. De Silva. Aquaculture in China (Success Stories and Modern Trends). Wiley, 31 March 2018, pp 218-225.
Freshwater Fisheries Research Center
No. 9 Shanshui East Road, Binhu District
Wuxi City, Jiangsu Province
People’s Republic of China
Mobile: +86 0510 85558835
Fax: +86 0510 85553304