Prof. Lichen Peng, Professor
My research interests include the prevention and control of environmental pollution (e.g. microplastics) in offshore waters, cultivation and utilisation of microalgae and phytoremediation of aquaculture wastewater. I started my doctoral degree in 2011 in Ottawa, Canada, and have worked on microalgae since then. I am a reviewer for the Journal of Environmental Progress & Sustainable Energy, and some Chinese journals.
- Studies on spatial and temporal distribution of microplastics, the formation and environmental effects of microalgae-microplastics aggregates in Haikou Bay. Fund for Less Developed Regions of the National Natural Science Foundation of China, RMB 350,000, 2018-2021.
- Studies on the treatment techniques of aquaculture wastewater based on immobilized algal-bacterial symbiosis system. Hainan Provincial Natural Science Foundation of China for Young Scholar, RMB 50,000, 2018-2019.
- Studies on the treatment of aquaculture wastewater based on microalgae and lipid synthesis mechanism. College Young Teachers Fund of Hainan University, RMB 50,000, 2017-2019.
- Scientific Research Foundation for the D-level Talented Plan Scholars, Hainan University, RMB 500,000, 2017-2022.
- Peng L., Lan F., Lan C.Q*., Biofuels from microalgae and seaweeds: potentials of industrial scale production. Biomass to Biofuels. 2018. (Book chapter, accepted).
- Licheng Peng*, Zisheng Zhang*, Christopher Q. Lan*, Ajoy Basak, Nicole Bond, Xiaohui Ding, Jianjie Du, 2017. Alleviation of oxidative stress on Neochloris oleoabundans: effects of bicarbonate and pH. Journal of Applied Phycology, 29(1):143-152.
- Licheng Peng*, Zisheng Zhang, Peiyao Cheng, Zhaohui Wang, Christopher Q. Lan*, 2016. Cultivation of Neochloris oleoabundans in bubble column photobioreactor with or without localized deoxygenation. Bioresource Technology, 2016, 206: 255-263.
- Licheng Peng*, Christopher Q. Lan*, Zisheng Zhang*, 2016. Cultivation of freshwater green alga Neochloris oleabundans in unsterile media co-inoculated with protozoa. Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, 94(3): 439-445.
- Licheng Peng*, Christopher Q. Lan*, Zisheng Zhang, Cody Sarch, Matt Laporte, 2015. Control of protozoa contamination and lipid accumulation in microalgal Neochloris oleoabundans culture: effects of pH and dissolved inorganic carbon. Bioresource technology, 197: 143-151.
- Licheng Peng*, Christopher Q. Lan*, Zisheng Zhang, 2013. Evolution, detrimental effects and removal of oxygen in microalga cultures: a Review. Environmental Progress & Sustainable Energy, 32: 982-988.
Room 1409, Nongke Building
College of Ecology and Environment
Renmin Rd, Meilan District
Mobile: +86 182 8987 7640
External profile URL