Dr T. Ravisankar, Scientist-In Charge
Technology Management and Agricultural Business Incubator, ICAR-Central Institute of Brackishwater Aquaculture
Skills: Shrimp, Markets and trade, Governance
My research interests are economic loss assessment; visioning, policy analysis and impact analysis for fishery technology management aspects. I have twenty seven years’ research experience in fisheries management and the development of entrepreneurship in aquaculture. My expertise is on formulating and executing socio-economic studies on aquaculture development paradigms.
- Agricultural business incubator 2016-2020 Funded by ICAR-National Agricultural Innovation Fund. USD 171,000.
- Intellectual Property Management and Transfer/Commercialization of Agricultural Technology Scheme (Up-scaling of existing components i.e. Intellectual Property Rights) 2007-2020. USD 50000.
- Research on socio-economics, frontline extension and information technology for sustainable brackishwater aquaculture sector 2017-2020. ICAR-CIBA USD 200,000.
- N. Kalaimani, T. Ravisankar, N. Chakravarthy, S. Raja, T.C. Santiago. (2013). Economic losses due to disease incidences in shrimp farms of India. Fish. Technol., Vol. 50, pp 80-86.
- C. Sarada, T. Ravisankar, M. Krishnan and C. Anandanarayan. (2006). Indian seafood exports: Issues of instability, commodity concentration and geographical spread. Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 61(2), p. 238.
- B. Ganesh Kumar, K.K. Datta, P.K. Joshi, P.K. Katiha, R. Suresh, T. Ravisankar. (2008). Domestic fish marketing in India - changing structure, conduct, performance and policies. Agricultural Economics Research Review Vol. 21, pp 345-354.
- T. Ravisankar, A.R. Thirunavukkarasu. (2010). Market prospects of farmed Asian seabass Lates calcarifer (Bloch). Indian J. Fish. Vol. 57(3), pp 49-53.
- T. Ravisankar, C. Sarada, M. Krishnan. (2005). Diversification of fish culture and exports among major shrimp-producing countries of Asia: A spatial and temporal analysis. Agricultural Economics Research Review, Vol. 18(2).
- M. Kumaran, P.R. Anand, J.A. Kumar, T. Ravisankar, J. Paul, D.D. Vimala. (2017). Is Pacific white shrimp (Penaeus vannamei) farming in India is technically efficient?—A comprehensive study. Aquaculture Vol. 468, pp. 262-270.
- M. Krishnan, T. Ravisankar, P.S.P. Gupta, D.D. Vimala, K. Gopinathan (1995). The economics of production of brackishwater aquaculture in Krishna District of Andhra Pradesh. Seafood Export Journal, Vol. 26, pp. 19-21.
- DD Vimala, T Ravisankar, P Mahalakshmi, M Kumaran. (2009). e-Sagu Aqua: An innovative information and communication technology model for transfer of technology for aquaculture. Aquaculture Asia Magazine, Vol. 14(4), pp. 23-25.
- M. Krishnan, P.S. Birthal, T. Ravisankar, K. Ponnusamy, M. Kumaran. (1999). HACCP guidelines and the economics of seafood processing: an impact analysis. Indian Journal of Agricultural Marketing, Vol. 13, pp. 122-128.
- M. Kumaran, T. Ravisankar, M. Krishnan, D.D. Vimala, P. Mahalakshmi. (2010). Unique and innovative cases of emerging domestic fish marketing arrangements in South India. Aquaculture Asia Magazine, Vol. 15(1), pp. 18-23.
- M, Krishnan, P.S. Birthal, T. Ravisankar. (1998). Pricing fish: A study of the economic and behavioural factors. Indian Journal of Agricultural Marketing, Vol. 12, pp. 35-43.
- T. Ravisankar, M. Krishnan, B.M. Sharma. (1995). Export Performance and Plan Allocations - Review of Fishery Sector in India. Agricultural situation in India, Vol. 49, pp 803-806.
Full publication list available at Google Scholar.
75 Santhome High Road
MRC Nagar, Chennai 600 028
Tamil Nadu State
Mobile: +91 4424618817 ext 110
Fax: +91 4424610311
External profile URL