Dr P.S. Shyne Anand, Scientist
ICAR-Central Institute of Brackishwater Aquaculture
Skills: Shrimp, Crabs and lobsters, Water quality
My research interest includes captive broodstock development and seed production of penaeid shrimp and mud crabs. Recently I am working in seed production aspects of Indian white shrimp P. indicus, Artemia biomass production and its use in shrimp culture. I have ten years work experience in biosecured management of shrimp culture, mud crab culture, sustainable shrimp culture practices such as periphyton-based shrimp culture and biofloc-based farming, polyculture of finfishes with mud crabs and shrimp.
- Technology upgradation and refinement for sustainable development of diversified systems and species of penaeid shrimp.
- Issues in biology, reproduction and larval rearing of candidate crustacean species for brackishwater aquaculture.
- Upgradation of breeding and culture technology of Indian white shrimp Fenneropenaeus indicus through stock evaluation and culture demonstrations.
- Scaling up of production system of mud crabs.
- Enhancement of brackishwater aquaculture production of shrimp and fishes through economically viable and sustainable approach.
- Sustainable livelihood improvement of tribal communities in coastal districts of West Bengal.
- Stock characterisation, captive breeding, seed production and culture of hilsa (Tenualosa ilisha).
- P.S. Shyne Anand, C.P. Balasubramanian, L. Christina, A. Panigrahi, C. Gopal ,T.K. Ghoshal and K.K. Vijayan. (2018). Comparison of mudcrab based brackishwater polyculture systems with different finfish species combinations in Sundarban, India. Aquaculture Research, Vol. 49(9), pp. 2965-2976
- De D., Ghoshal T.K., Biswas G., Mukherjee S., Kumar S., Shyne Anand P.S., Raja R.A and Vijayan K.K. (2018). Evaluation of growth performance in Mugil cephalus juveniles fed diets incorporated with fermented plant feedstuffs replacing fishmeal or diets supplemented with fish gut bacteria. Journal of Food Process Technology, Vol. 9(4), p. 9.
- Shyne Anand, P.S, Sujeet Kumar, Kohli, M.P.S., Sundaray, J.K., Sinha, A., Pailan, G.H. and Dam Roy, S. (2017). Dietary biofloc supplementation in black tiger shrimp, Penaeus monodon: Effects on immunity, antioxidant and metabolic enzyme activities. Aquaculture Research, Vol. 48(8), pp. 4512-4523.
- G. Biswas, J.K. Sundaray, S.B. Bhattacharyya, Shyne Anand, P.S. Ghoshal, T.K., De, D. Prem Kumar, K. Sukumaran, A. Bera, B. Mandal and Kailasam M. (2017). Influence of feeding, periphyton and compost application on the performances of striped grey mullet (Mugil cephalus L.) fingerlings in fertilized brackishwater ponds. Aquaculture, Vol. 481(1), pp. 64–71.
- Sujeet Kumar, Shyne Anand P.S, De D., Deo A.D., Ghoshal T.K., Sundaray J.K, Ponniah A.G., Jithendran K.P., Ananda Raja R., Biswas G., Lalitha N. (2017). Effects of biofloc under different carbon sources and protein levels on water quality, growth performance and immune responses in black tiger shrimp Penaeus monodon. Aquaculture Research, Vol. 48(3), pp. 1168-1182.
- Shyne Anand, P.S., C.P. Balasubramanian, A. Panigrahi, C. Gopal, Sujeet Kumar and T.K. Ghoshal. (2015). Development of pond-reared broodstock of green mud crab, Syclla serrata. Aquaculture Asia Magazine, Vol. 20(2), pp. 23-25.
- P.S. Shyne Anand, M.P.S. Kohli, Sujeet Kumar, J.K. Sundaray, S. Dam Roy, G. Venkateshwarlu, Archana Sinha, G. H. Pailan. (2014). Effect of dietary supplementation of biofloc on growth performance and digestive enzyme activities in Penaeus monodon. Aquaculture, Vol. 418–419, pp. 108–115.
- P.S. Shyne Anand, M.P.S. Kohli, S. Dam Roy, J.K. Sundaray, Sujeet Kumar, Archana Sinha, G.H. Pailan and Munil Kumar Sukham. (2014). Effect of dietary supplementation of periphyton on growth, immune response and metabolic enzyme activities in Penaeus monodon. Aquaculture Research, Vol. 46(9), pp. 2277-2288.
- P.S. Shyne Anand, Sujeet Kumar, A. Panigrahi, T.K. Ghoshal, J. Syama Dayal, G. Biswas, J.K. Sundaray, D. De, R. Ananda Raja, A.D. Deo, S.M. Pillai and P. Ravichandran. (2013). Effects of C:N ratio and substrate integration on periphyton biomass, microbial dynamics and growth of Penaeus monodon juveniles. Aquaculture International, Vol. 21, pp. 511–524.
- P.S. Shyne Anand, S.M. Pillai, Sujeet Kumar, A. Panigrahi, P. Ravichandran, A.G. Ponniah and T.K. Ghoshal. (2014). Growth, survival and length weight relationship of Fenneropenaeus merguiensis at two different stocking densities in low saline zero water exchange brackishwater ponds. Indian Journal of Geo-Marine Sciences, Vol. 43(10), pp. 1-12.
- P.S. Shyne Anand , M.P.S. Kohli , S. Dam Roy , J.K. Sundaray , Sujeet Kumar, Archana Sinha, G.H. Pailan and Munil Kumar Sukham. (2013). Effect of dietary supplementation of periphyton on growth performance and digestive enzyme activities in Penaeus monodon. Aquaculture, Vol. 392–395, pp. 59–68.
- P.S. Shyne Anand, A. Panigrahi, P. Ravichandran, Sujeet Kumar, J. Syama Dayal, A.D. Deo, A.G. Ponniah and S.M. Pillai. (2015). Growth performance of black tiger shrimp (Penaeus monodon) in substrate based zerowater exchange system. Indian Journal of Geo-Marine Sciences, Vol. 44 (10), pp. 1495-1503.
- Sujeet Kumar, Shyne Anand P.S., De D., Sundaray J.K., Raja R.A., Biswas G., Ponniah A.G., Ghoshal T.K., Deo A.D., Panigrahi A., Muralidhar M. (2014). Effects of carbohydrate supplementation on water quality, microbial dynamics and growth performance of giant tiger prawn (Penaeus monodon). Aquaculture International, Vol. 22(2), pp. 901-912.
- P.S. Shyne Anand, K.S. Sobhana, K.C. George and R. Paul Raj. (2016). Selection of specific cell wall antigen for rapid detection of fish pathogenic Vibrio parahaemolyticus by enzyme immunoassay. Indian Journal of Fisheries Vol. 63(2), pp. 76-85.
- Sujeet Kumar, Shyne Anand P.S, Ravichandran P., Panigrahi A., Dayal J.S., Raja R.A., Deo A.D., Ghoshal T.K., Ponniah, A.G. (2015). Effect of periphyton on microbial dynamics, immune responses and growth performance in black tiger shrimp Penaeus monodon Fabricius, 1798. Indian Journal of Fisheries, Vol. 62(3), pp. 67-74.
- Biswas G., Ananda Raja R., De D., Sundaray J.K., Ghoshal T.K., Shyne Anand, Kumar S., Panigrahi A., Thirunavukkarasu A.R., Ponniah, A.G. (2012). Evaluation of productions and economic returns from two brackishwater polyculture systems in tide‐fed ponds. Journal of Applied Ichthyology, Vol. 28(1), pp. 116-122.
Central Institute of Brackishwater Aquaculture
75 Santhome High Road, R. A. Puram
Chennai 600 028
Mobile: +91 (44) 24618817
Fax: +91 (44) 24610311