Aquaculture Asia Magazine, July-September 2006
1 July 2006 | 980 Downloads | .pdf | 1.79 MB | Freshwater finfish, Genetics and biodiversity, Hatchery and nursery, Health and welfare, India, Iran, Philippines, Thailand
Genetics and biodiversity
- Resources and biodiversity of seahorses and the need for their conservation in India.
K.R. Salin and Nair C. Mohanakumaran
- Captive breeding of pangasid catfish Pangasius pangasius with Ovaprim: An attempt towards sustainable seed production and conservation of wild populations.
U.K. Sarkar, S.K. Paul, D. Kapoor, P.K. Deepak and S.P. Singh
- Establishment of post-tsunami rehabilitation information units to facilitate coordination of effort in Thailand.
People in aquaculture
- Peter Edwards writes on rural aquaculture: Poor farmers culture tilapia intensively in ponds in Central Luzon, Philippines.
Aquatic animal health
- Simple herbal treatment for epizootic ulcerative syndrome in murrels (snakehead).
M.A. Haniffa, M. Dhanaraj, C. Muthu Ramakrishnan and R. Arthi Manju
- DNA vaccination and prophylactic measures in aquaculture health management
- The role of immunostimulants in fish and shrimp aquaculture.
Vishal S. Jadhav, Sajid I. Khan, Milind M. Girkar and Madhav J. Gitte
Research and farming techniques
- Red tilapia cage culture in central Thailand.
Ben Belton, David Little and Jimmy Young
- Quality improvement of farmed fish in Iranian markets.
Gholam Reza Shaviklo
Creative Commons Attribution.