Dr Cherdsak Virapat, Executive Director
International Institute for Trade and Development
37 years’ experience working in policy and planning, knowledge-based management, reservoir fishery management, community-based fisheries development projects, small-hold aquaculture for food security, training and capacity building in fisheries and ocean governance in Thailand and worldwide. Expert in planning and adaptive management of community-based projects; assessment of fish stocking programmes; early warning, disaster risk reduction for tsunami, earthquake, floods and impacts of climate change. I am a former Director General of the Network of Aquaculture Centres in Asia-Pacific.
- Johnson, J., C. De Young, C. Virapat (In press). Proceedings of FishAdapt: Global Conference on Climate Change Adaptation for Fisheries and Aquaculture.
- Virapat, C., S. Wilkinson, and D. Soto. 2017. Developing an Environmental Monitoring System to Strengthen Fisheries and Aquaculture Resilience and to Improve Early Warning in the Lower Mekong Basin. FAO Fisheries and Aquaculture Proceedings 45, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Walmart Foundation, IDH the Sustainable Trade Initiative, Sustainable Fisheries Partnership, Network of Aquaculture Centres in Asia-Pacific, Thailand’s Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, The Food School. 2017. Quick Guide for Shrimp Farmers on Disease Prevention and Sustainable Best Practices.
- Boonchuwong, P., C. Virapat, K.K. Lal and S. Chatjareyaves. 2017. Evolution and Trends in Modern Aquaculture and Its Socio-Economic Impacts in the Asia-Pacific Region. In: Social Entrepreneurship in Aquaculture, Pages 73-79. Edited by V.R. P. Sinha, Gopal Krishna, P. Keshavanath and N. R. Kumar, Nerendra Publishing House, Delhi, India.
- Virapat, C. 2010. Promoting Community Fishpond Development – Thailand. In Sharing Innovative Experiences: Examples of Successful Experiences in Coastal Community Development. UNDP Volume 16. Pages 147-156.
- Virapat, C. 2010. Promoting Community Awareness and Resilience in Disaster Management – Thailand. In Sharing Innovative Experiences: Examples of Successful Experiences in Coastal Community Development. UNDP Volume 16. Pages 159-168.
- Virapat, C. 2010. The Government of Thailand’s Adaptive Learning in Disaster Management for Community Awareness and Resilience: An International Collaboration and Coordination Case Study. In: Ocean Yearbook 24: 37-50.
- Asian Development Bank. 2004. Case Study 7: Overview of small-scale freshwater aquaculture in Thailand, P. Edwards and C. Virapat, eds. In Small-scale Freshwater Rural Aquaculture Development: Country Case Studies in Bangladesh, Philippines and Thailand, pp. 120-136.
- Virapat, C. 1993. Bionomics of fish stocking in two Thai reservoirs: Biological, management, and development perspectives. The Ph.D. Thesis, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. 456 pp.
Network of Aquaculture Centres in Asia-Pacific
PO Box 1040, Kasetsart University Post Office
Mobile: +662 561 1728 ext. 117
Fax: +662 561 1727