Dr Teo Chee Loong, Research and Development Director
Skills: Food security, safety and certification, Health and welfare, Nutrition and feeding, Aquatic plants, Environment and sustainability, Training and education, Markets and trade, Governance, Water quality
My research interests include microalgae cultivation and processing, biodiesel production, astaxanthin production, fermentation, membrane fabrication, photobioreactor, environmental science (ocean acidification), bioactive peptides, pyroligneous acid liquids, pineapple bromelain and management. I hold a PhD in bioprocess engineering holder and am study a further PhD in business administration. I am a reviewer for several journals and R&D director for several companies.
- High value-added products from green and advanced processing of biomass.
- Production of astaxanthin from Haematococcus pluvialis under light emitting diodes with microwave assisted ionic liquid extraction.
- LED pulsation cultivation system and one step biodiesel production via simultaneous cooling (cold air) and microwave heating from marine microalgae in large scale.
- Scientific study to improve the formulation of a topical product with enhanced anti-microbial activities.
- Investigation of chemical composition and bioactivities of non-fermented and fermented soybean peptides.
- Cultivation and freeze drying of Spirulina platensis and Haematococcus pluvialis.
- Chee Loong Teo. 2017 One step transesterification of biodiesel production using simultaneous cooling and microwave heating. Journal of Cleaner Production 146(10), 57-62.
- Chee Loong Teo. 2017. Synergistic Effects of Pulse Light Emitting Diode on Growth Rate, Lipid Content and Its Carbon Chain of Nannochloropsis sp. in Fatty Acid Methyl Ester Production Chemical Engineering Transactions 56, 283-289.
- Teo Chee Loong. 2017. Microalgae harvesting of Nannochloropsis sp. using polyethersulphone/lithium chloride/functionalised multiwall carbon nanotube membranes fabricated via temperature induced phase inversion and non-solvent induced phase inversion. International Journal of Nanoparticles 9 (2).
- Chee Loong Teo. 2016. Polyvinyl alcohol-alginate ferrophoto gels for mercury (II) removal. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry 33, 190-196.
- C.L. Teo. 2015. Factors Affecting Delignification of Oil Palm Empty Fruit Bunch by Microwave-assisted Dilute Acid/Alkali Pretreatment. BioResources 10 (1), 588-596.
- Teo C.L. 2014. Enhancing growth and lipid production of marine microalgae for biodiesel production via the use of different LED wavelengths Bioresource Technology. 162, 38-44.
- Teo, C.L. 2014. Synergistic effect of optimizing light-emitting diode illumination quality and intensity to manipulate composition of fatty acid methyl esters from Nannochloropsis sp. Bioresource Technology 173, 284-290.
- Teo C.L. 2014. Enhancing the various solvent extraction method via microwave irradiation for extraction of lipids from marine microalgae in biodiesel production. Bioresource Technology 171, 477-481.
- Teo, C.L. 2014. Evaluation of direct transesterification of microalgae using microwave irradiation. Bioresource Technology 174, 281-286
- Teo, C.L. 2014. Rapid alkali catalyzed transesterification of microalgae lipids to biodiesel using simultaneous cooling and microwave heating and its optimization. Bioresource Technology 174, 311-315.
- Teo, C.L. 2014. Biodiesel production via lipase catalysed transesterification of microalgae lipids from Tetraselmis sp. Renewable Energy 68, 1–5.
- Teo C.L. 2014. Covalent immobilization of Candida antarctica lipase B on nanopolystyrene and its application to microwave assisted esterification. Chinese Journal of Catalysis 35.
- Chee Loong Teo. 2019. A Review of Biotechnology Based Listed Companies and the Important of Intellectual Properties. International Conferences on Islamic Research in Management, Education, Social Science and Technology, Malaysia.
- Chee Loong Teo. 2018. A Review of Life Cycle Assessment as Powerful Entrepreneurial Decision Maker Tools in Biotechnology Industry. International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences. pp. 2109-2120, ISSN 2222-6990.
- Chee Loong Teo. 2018. The Effect of Anti Urinary Tract Infection Related Pathogenic Microorganism from Tropical Active Ingredient. ASEAN Emerging Researchers Conference, 2018, Malaysia.