Dr Prasanna Kumar Patil, Principal Scientist
ICAR-Central Institute of Brackishwater Aquaculture
Skills: Health and welfare, Shrimp, Training and education
My research interests include research and product development in the area of therapeutics and disease prevention. I have experience in development of immune stimulating agents and vaccines against viral diseases. I am a member in several committees under the Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries, Government of India, and Central Drugs Standards Control Organization under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, which help in preparing policy guidelines on regulation and monitoring of aquaculture drugs and importation of exotic species. I am also on the Editorial Board of the Indian Journal of Comparative Microbiology, Immunology and Infectious Diseases.
- All India Network Project on Fish Health, funded by the Indian Council of Agriculture research, New Delhi.
- Consortia Research Project on Vaccines and Diagnostics funded by the Indian Council of Agriculture Research, New Delhi.
- Agri-Business Incubator, funded by Indian Council of Agriculture Research, New Delhi.
Journal articles / periodicals
- Patil, P.K., Gopal, C., Panigrahi, A., Rajababu, D. and Pillai, S.M. (2014). Oral administration of formalin killed Vibrio anguillarum cells improves growth and protection against challenge with Vibrio harveyi in banana shrimp. Letters in Applied Microbiology, Vol. 58(3), pp. 213-218.
- Ray, A.K., Gopal, C., Solanki, H.G., Ravisankar, T. and Patil, P.K. (2017). Effect of orally administered Vibrio bacteria on immunity, survival and growth in tiger shrimp (Penaeus monodon) grow-out culture ponds. Letters in Applied Microbiology, Vol. 65(6), pp. 475-481.
- Patil, P.K., Muralidhar, M., Solanki, H.G., Patel, P.P., Patel, K. and Gopal, C. (2016). Effect of culture intensity and probiotics application on microbiological and environmental parameters in Litopenaeus vannamei culture ponds. Journal of Environmental Biology, Vol. 37(1), pp. 21-29.
- Solanki, H.G., Patil, P.K., Vanza, J.G., Patel, P., Sethi, S. and Gopal, C. (2016). Sea lice, Caligus rotundigenitalis infestations and its management in pond cultured pearlspot, Etroplus suratensis in Gujarat: A case study. Journal of Parasitic Diseases, Vol. 40(2), pp. 565-567.
- Patil, P.K., Sajjanar, C.M., Natarajan, C. and Bayry, J. (2014). Neutralizing antibody responses to foot-and-mouth disease quadrivalent (type O, A, C and Asia 1) vaccines in growing calves with pre-existing maternal antibodies. Veterinary Microbiology, Vol. 169(3-4), pp. 233-5.
- Garg, R., Patil, P.K., Singh, S.V., Sharma, S., Gandham, R.K., Singh, A.V., Filia, G., Singh, P.K., Jayaraman, S., Gupta, S., Chaubey, K.K., Tiwari, R., Saminathan, M., Dhama, K. and Sohal, J.S. (2015). Comparative Evaluation of Different Test Combinations for Diagnosis of Mycobacterium avium Subspecies Paratuberculosis Infecting Dairy Herds in India. Biomed Research International, 2015:983978.
Central Institute of Brackishwater Aquaculture
75, Santhome High Road
Mobile: +99 (44) 24618817
Fax: + 99 (44) 24610311