Mr Gerald Misol, Postgraduate Student
Scottish Association for Marine Science
My research interests are genetic diversity and disease diagnostics in aquaculture. I have worked in the area of reproductive biology and aquatic epidemiology of fish and shrimp diseases. Currently, I am involved in the study of the molecular aspects of diseases affecting algae. My previous responsibility involved fish health management in Malaysia as the competent authority, which involved disease surveillance, control and biosecurity. Furthermore, I was directly involved in several national and international projects on cold-chain management in seafood, probiotics in aquaculture, antimicrobial resistance in fisheries, development of national fish health strategy of Malaysia and preventing and managing Tilapia lake virus in Malaysia.
- Strengthening aquaculture biosecurity of Malaysia (FAO TCP/MAL/3501).
- Antimicrobial resistance in aquaculture (FAO Project).
- TiLV expert knowledge elicitation (FAO Project).
- Cold-chain management in seafood (SEAFDEC Project).
- Ministry of Health. (2018). Malaysian Action Plan on Antimicrobial Resistance. 51 pp.
- Department of Fisheries. (2017). National Fish Health Strategy for Malaysia (2018-2022).
P. O. Box 449
Mobile: +60 178686044