Reported Aquatic Animal Diseases in the Asia-Pacific Region during the Second Quarter of 2022
With the implementation of the new aquatic animal disease reporting in the Asia Pacific region from January 2021, and in lieu of the published QAAD Reports (last issue published was 4th quarter of 2020), NACA is publishing reported aquatic animal diseases submitted by countries in the Asia-Pacific region. This report covers the second quarter of 2022 and the original and updated reports can be accessed at the QAAD page. The following diseases were reported:
- Infection with Aphanomyces invadans (EUS): Australia in wild adult mullet (Mugil cephalus), bony bream (Nematalosa erebi) and yellowfin bream (Acanthophagrus australis); and Chinese Taipei in largemouth bass (Micropterus salmoides).
- Infection with red seabream iridovirus (RSIV): Chinese Taipei in hybrid grouper (Epinephelus fuscoguttatus x E. lanceolatus); and India in freshwater angelfish (Pterophyllum scalare) and Ram cichlid (Mikrogeophagus remirezi).
- Viral encephalopathy and retinopathy (VER): Australia in wildstock garfish (Belone belone) and kahawari (Arripis trutta); Chinese Taipei in hybrid grouper (Epinephelus fuscoguttatus x E. lanceolatus).
- Carp edema virus (CEV): India in koi carp (Cyprinus carpio).
- Infection with tilapia lake virus (TILV): India in tilapia (Oreochromis spp.); and Philippines in tilapia (Oreochromis spp.).
- Infection with Perkinsus olseni: Australia in wild abalone; and India in saltwater clam (Paphia malabarica).
- Infection with white spot syndrome virus (WSSV): India in whiteleg shrimp (P. vannamei); Philippines in black tiger shrimp (P. monodon), P. vannamei, mudcrab (Scylla serrata), and Philippine freshwater prawn (Macrobrachium daqueti); and Thailand (shrimp species not specified).
- Infection with yellowhead virus Genotype 1 (YHV-1): Thailand (shrimp species not specified).
- Infection with infectious hypodermal and haematopoietic necrosis virus (IHHNV): Philippines in P. vannamei and P. monodon.
- Acute hepatopancreatic necrosis disease (AHPND): Chinese Taipei in P. vannamei; Philippines in P. vannamei and P. monodon; and Thailand (shrimp species not specified).
- Hepatopancreatic microsporidiosis caused by Enterocytozoon hepatopenaei (EHP): Chinese Taipei in P. vannamei; India in P. vannamei; Philippines in P. vannamei and P. monodon; and, Thailand (shrimp species not specified).
- Infection with decapod iridescent virus 1 (DIV1): Chinese Taipei in P. vannamei.
- Infection with Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis: Australia in yellow-spotted tree frog (Litoria castanea), Australian green tree frog (Litoria caerulea) and striped marsh frog (Lymnodynastes peronii).
- Singapore reported Infection with Lates calcarifer Birnavirus in Asian seabass (L. calcarifer).
Senior Programme Officer
Aquatic Animal Health Programme
Creative Commons Attribution.