Mr T. Satish Kumar, Scientists
ICAR-Central Institute of Brackishwater Aquaculture
My research interests include aquatic animal health epidemiology, disease diagnostics and shrimp larval pathology. Since the early years of my career I have been interested in epidemiological studies on diseases and biostatistics. Presently I am working on active aquatic animal disease surveillance, with special reference to hepatopancreatic microsporidiasis, caused by Enterocytozoon hepatopenaei on the south east coast of India.
Projects details are available from the CIBA Ongoing Projects page.
- Invertebrate and finish diseases in brackish water aquaculture and development of prophylactic and therapeutic strategies.
- National surveillance programme for Aquatic Animal Health.
- Development of diagnostics and vaccines for sustainable aquaculture.
- Poverty alleviation through prevention and future control of the two major socio-economically important diseases in Asian aquaculture.
Journal articles / periodicals
- Kumar, T.S. (2018). Visual loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) for the rapid diagnosis of Enterocytozoon hepatopenaei (EHP) infection. Parasitology research, Vol. 117(5), pp. 1485-1493.
- Kumar, T.S., Vidya, R., Kumar, S., Alavandi, S.V. and Vijayan, K.K. (2017). Zoea-2 syndrome of Penaeus vannamei in shrimp hatcheries. Aquaculture, Vol. 479, pp. 759-767.
- Kumar, T.S., Krishnan, P., Makesh, M., Chaudhari, A., Purushothaman, C.S. and Rajendran, K.V. (2011). Natural host-range and experimental transmission of Laem-Singh virus (LSNV). Diseases of aquatic organisms, Vol. 96(1), pp. 21-27.
- Kumar, S., Kumar, T.S., Vidya, R. and Pandey, P.K. (2017). A prospective of epidemiological intervention in investigation and management of argulosis in aquaculture. Aquaculture international, Vol. 25(1), pp. 303-325.
- Rajendran, K.V., Shivam, S., Praveena, P.E., Rajan, J.J.S., Kumar, T.S., Avunje, S., Jagadeesan, V., Babu, S.P., Pande, A., Krishnan, A.N. and Alavandi, S.V. (2016). Emergence of Enterocytozoon hepatopenaei (EHP) in farmed Penaeus (Litopenaeus) vannamei in India. Aquaculture, Vol. 454, pp. 272-280.
- Saravanan, K., Kumar, P.P., Praveenraj, J., Baruah, A., Sivaramakrishnan, T., Kumar, T.S., Kumar, S.P., Sankar, R.K. and Roy, S.D. (2017). Investigation and confirmation of white spot syndrome virus (WSSV) infection in wild caught penaeid shrimps of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India. Virus Disease, Vol. 28(4), pp. 368-372.
Book chapters and articles within proceedings
- T. Sathish Kumar, M. Poornima and S.V. Alavandi. (2016). Immunostimulants in Aquaculture. A compendium on Prophylaxis in Aquaculture. K.K. Vijayan, S.K. Otta, M. Makesh, P.K. Patil, M. Poornima (eds). ICAR-CIBA publication. pp. 162– 172.
- De Silva, S.S. (2010). Climate change impacts: Challenges for aquaculture. In Subasinghe, R.P., Arthur, J.R., Bartley, D.M., De Silva, S.S., Halwart, M., Hishamunda, N., Mohan, C.V. and Sorgeloos, P., (eds). Farming the Waters for People and Food. Proceedings of the Global Conference on Aquaculture 2010, Phuket, Thailand. 22-25 September 2010, pp. 569-625. FAO, Rome and NACA, Bangkok.
ICAR-Central Institute of Brackish water Aquaculture
75, Santhome High Road,
MRC Nagar, Chennai 600028
Mobile: +91 87 60619879
Fax: +91 44 24610311
External profile URL