The purpose of the workshop, held in Can Tho Vietnam on 16 April 2011, was to build capacity and awareness of prospective cluster farmers and their leaders on the concept of BMP adoption through cluster management, specifically to:
- Raise awareness of the prospective cluster farmers and their leaders on the importance of BMPs and cluster management.
- Inform cluster farmers and their leaders and provincial officers of their roles and responsibilities in implementing the project activities.
- Share experiences in cluster formation and operation from other Asian countries.
- Seek consent from prospective clusters for implementation of project activities.
- Seek consent from provincial officers for implementation of project activities.
- Jointly develop a work program for the implementation of the project.
- Provide a platform for the project team to discuss implementation issues and long term sustainability aspects.
The workshop was conducted as an activity under the ASEM Aquaculture Platform project Development and validation of commodity-specific better management practices for smallholder farmers in the Asia-Pacific region.
Creative Commons Attribution.