29 February 2008 | 812 Downloads | .pdf | 164.96 KB | Tags: Better management practices, Freshwater prawns, Genetics and biodiversity, Hatchery and nursery, India, Inland aquaculture, Livelihoods and social issues
This manual provides practical advice on good management practices for sustainable freshwater prawn (scampi) farming in India. The manual covers:
- General principles of sustainable farming.
- Relevant legal issues including for hatcheries.
- Land and water use.
- Impact on natural habitats.
- Hachery, nursery and growout management.
- Environmental and social responsibility.
The manual was developed via a multi-stakeholder consultation held at the Head Office of the National Centre for Sustainable Aquaculture (NaCSA), Kakinada, 6-7 December 2007.
Creative Commons Attribution.