FAO Reviews of Aquaculture now available online
24 March 2022 | 948 views | Food security, safety and certification, Inland aquaculture, Livelihoods, gender and social issues, Marine finfish, Molluscs (shellfish and other), Shrimp, Crabs and lobsters, Markets and trade
We are pleased to announce that the FAO Reviews of Aquaculture have been published online at the FAO website, including the six Regional Reviews and a Global Synthesis, which were developed and published in conjunction with the Global Conference on Aquaculture Millennium +20 (GCA+20). The publications are linked below. Video presentations of the reviews, including expert panel discussions and question and answer sessions, are also available from the GCA+20 website.
- Global Aquaculture Synthesis.
- Regional Review of Aquaculture in Asia and the Pacific.
- Regional Review of Aquaculture in Europe.
- Regional Review of Aquaculture in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Regional Review of Aquaculture in the Near East and North Africa.
- Regional Review of Aquaculture in North America.
- Regional Review of Aquaculture in Sub Saharan Africa.
Each regional review and the global synthesis contains nine chapters:
- Social and economic background.
- General characteristics of the sector.
- Resources, services and technologies.
- Aquaculture and environmental integrity.
- Markets and trade.
- Contribution of aquaculture to food security and social and economic development.
- External pressures on the sector.
- Governance and management of the sector.
- Aquaculture contribution to the FAO strategic objectives.
You are welcome and invited to share the reviews widely through your networks.
Creative Commons Attribution.