1 April 2012 | 878 Downloads | .pdf | 6.55 MB | Tags: Crabs and lobsters, Freshwater finfish, Gender, Genetics and biodiversity, Hatchery and nursery, India, Livelihoods and social issues, Marine finfish, Nutrition and feeding, Shrimp, Environment and sustainability, Training and education, Vietnam
- Doing something about broodstock management.
- Peter Edwards writes on rural aquaculture: Shrimp farming in Andhra Pradesh, India.
- Small indigenous freshwater fish species in village community ponds to ensure nutritional security of rural poor in Odisha.
Radheyshyam, G.S. Saha, Lekha Safui and H.K. De
Research and farming techniques
- Postlarvae culture and technical status of whiteleg shrimp (Penaeus vannamei) hatcheries in Quang Nam Province, Vietnam.
Tran Van Dung and Micciche Luca
- Jatropha meal as a promising plant protein source in aquafeed development.
Vikas Kumar, Debtanu Barman, Apu Das & Sagar C. Mandal
- Use of soybean meal in diets of cobia Rachycentron canadum.
Pham Duc Hung
- Capture based aquaculture of spiny lobster (Panulirus polyphagus) in open sea cages – a new livelihood opportunity for the ‘Sidi’ Adivasi tribal people in Gujarat, India.
Suresh K. Mojjada, Gyanaranjan Dash, Mohammed Koya K., Sreenath, K.R., Swatipriyanka Sen, Mahendra D. Fofondi, H.M. Bhint, S. Pradeep P. and G. Syda Rao
People in aquaculture
- Institutional linkage helping rural women of an under developed district to become self-employed.
Sujit K. Nath, P. Sahu and B.K. Sar
- Putting gender on the programme of NACA.
- Proceedings of the Global Conference on Aquaculture 2010 available for download.
- Peter Edwards to mentor the new Sustainable Farming Systems Programme.
- International Fisheries Symposium, 6-8 December, Can Tho, Vietnam.
- Broodstock management training course launched by NACA and UNU-FTP.
Creative Commons Attribution.