1 July 2005 | 734 Downloads | .pdf | 2.86 MB | Tags: Australia, Crabs and lobsters, Food security, safety and certification, Freshwater finfish, Hatchery and nursery, Indonesia, Iran, Livelihoods and social issues, Marine finfish, Molluscs (shellfish and other), Nepal, Shrimp, Environment and sustainability, Thailand, Vietnam
- Probiotics: Snake oil or modern medicine?
- Asian Development Bank study on aquaculture and poverty.
- New ACIAR projects to commence in Indonesia. Assessing the consequences of converting to organic shrimp farming.
David McKinnon and Jes Sammut
- Recycling water and making money.
Hassanai Kongkeo and Simon Wilkinson
Asia-Pacific Marine Finfish Aquaculture Network
- Advances in the seed production of Cobia Rachycentron canadum in Vietnam.
- Australian success with barramundi cod.
- Brief overview of recent grouper breeding developments in Thailand.
Sih-Yang Sim, Hassanai Kongkeo and Mike Rimmer
- Application of probiotics in rotifer production systems for marine fish hatcheries.
Tawfiq Abu-Rezq and Charles M. James
Research and farming techniques
- Contract hatchery systems: A practical approach to procure quality seeds for aquaclubs of small-scale farmers in India.
- Recirculation systems: Sustainable alternatives for backyard shrimp hatcheries in Asia?
Thach Thanh, Truong Trong Nghia, Mathieu Wille and Patrick Sorgeloos
- Rainbow trout culture in Iran: Development and concerns.
Hussein Abdulhai and Mohammad Kazem Seiedi Ghomi
- Large-scale growout of spotted Babylon, Babylonia areolata in earthern ponds: Pilot monoculture operation.
S. Kritsanapuntu, N. Chaitanawisuti, W. Santhaweesuk and Y. Natsukari
- Cage cum pond fish production using mixed sex nile tilapia in Nepal.
A.K. Rai, M.K. Shrestha and S. Rai
Creative Commons Attribution.