Aquaculture Asia Magazine, July-September 2010
1 July 2010 | 602 Downloads | .pdf | 4.02 MB | Climate change, Freshwater finfish, Genetics and biodiversity, Nutrition and feeding, Shrimp, Crabs and lobsters, Training and education, Bangladesh, India, Thailand, Vietnam, Markets and trade
- Bottom of the food chain.
- Relative efficacies of lobsters (Panulirus ornatus and P. homarus) cultured using pellet feeds and “trash” fish at Binh Ba Bay, Vietnam.
Hung, L.V., Khuong, D.V., Phuoc, T.V., Thao, M.D.
- Peter Edwards writes on rural aquaculture: Tilapia in Chiang Mai, Northern Thailand.
- Marketing of low-valued cultured fish in Bangladesh: An evaluation of value chain.
- Low-value freshwater fish market in the south central Vietnam, a case study from Khanh Hoa Province.
Research and farming techniques
- Current practices of rice field eel Monopterus albus culture in Viet Nam.
Khanh, N.H., Ngan, H.T.B.
People in aquaculture
- Self help group makes fisherwomen self-reliant: A story of success.
Vimala, D.D., Ravisankar, T., Kumaran, M., Rengarajan, S. and Krishnan, M.
Genetics and biodiversity
- Small indigenous freshwater fish species of India: Significance, conservation and utilisation.
Sarkar, U.K. and Lakra, W.S.
- Vietnamese catfish - better management practices update.
- Is this the perfect prawn?
- Fish Oil Replacement and Alternative Lipid Sources in Aquaculture Feeds.
- Multilingual CD-ROM of FAO cultured aquatic species fact sheets.
- Aquaclimate Annual Progress Report 2010.
- Training course on application of business management principles in small-scale aquaculture.
Creative Commons Attribution.