25 July 2007 | 611 Downloads | .pdf | 1.89 MB | Tags: Better management practices, Hatchery and nursery, Indonesia, Markets and trade, Nutrition and feeding, Shrimp, Environment and sustainability, Training and education, Water quality
This practical manual provides better management practices for the farming of shrimp in tambak systems in Aceh, Indonesia. The manual addresses the formation of farmer groups, crop planning, and specifies better management practices including on:
- Location of tambaks.
- Design and construction of tambaks.
- Pond preparation practices.
- Shrimp seed selection and stocking practices.
- Feed management practices.
- Water management practices.
- health management practices.
- Harvest and post-harvest handling practices.
- Keeping records.
- Improved marketing practices.
Creative Commons Attribution.