6 April 2022 | .pdf | 922.43 KB | Freshwater finfish, Health, Marine finfish, Nutrition and feeding, Molluscs (shellfish and other), Shrimp, Crabs and lobsters, Australia, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam, Freshwater prawns
This report summaries the proceedings of the 20th meeting of the Regional Advisory Group on Aquatic Animal Health, held 4-5 November 2021. The role of the group is to review trends in disease and emerging threats in the region, identify developments in global disease issues and standards, to evaluate the Quarterly Aquatic Animal Disease Reporting Program and to provide guidance on regional strategies to improve aquatic animal health management. The meeting discussed:
- Progress on NACA’s Asia Regional Aquatic Animal Health Program.
- Updates from the OIE Aquatic Animal Health Standards Commission.
- Aquaculture biosecurity.
- Progressive Management Pathway for Improving Aquaculture Biosecurity activities relevant to Asia.
- A systematic approach for quantifying biosecurity measures in aquaculture.
- Aquatic Animal Health Strategy.
- Updates on OI Regional Collaboration Framework on Aquatic Animal Health.
- Updates on QAAD Reporting and Disease List.
Members of the Advisory Group include invited aquatic animal disease experts in the region, representatives of the World Animal Health Organisation (OIE) and the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations (FAO), collaborating regional organisations such as SEAFDEC Aquaculture Department (SEAFDEC AQD) and OIE-Regional Representation in Asia and the Pacific (OIE-RRAP), and the private sector.
Creative Commons Attribution.