1 April 2007 | 1298 Downloads | .pdf | 2.69 MB | Tags: Bangladesh, Better management practices, China, Genetics and biodiversity, Hatchery and nursery, Inland aquaculture, Iran, Livelihoods and social issues, Marine finfish, Molluscs (shellfish and other), Nepal, Nutrition and feeding, Shrimp, Sri Lanka, Stock enhancement, Environment and sustainability, Thailand
- Capacity needed in broodstock management
- Towards sustainability of black tiger shrimp Penaeus monodon farming in Sri Lanka.
- An economic analysis of stock enhancement of Persian sturgeon Acipenser persicus in Iran.
- Aquaculture and environmental sustainability in Thailand: Food or financial security?
Jamie Stewart and Ram C. Bhujel
People in aquaculture
- Cage fish culture - successful income generation in manmade reservoir Kulekhani, Markhu, Nepal.
Ash Kumar Rai and Suresh Kumar Wagle
- Peter Edwards writes on rural aquaculture: Diversification of rice farming alleviates poverty in a Bangladesh village.
Research and farming techniques
- Aquaculture of sea-pineapple, Halocynthia roretzi in Japan.
TTT. Nguyen, N. Taniguchi, M. Nakajima, U. Na-Nakorn, N. Sukumasavin, K. Yamamoto
- Development of green mussel cultivation in Thailand: Sriracha Bay, Chonburi Province.
Suriyan Tunkijjanukij and Alongot Intarachart
- Selective breeding for growth and fillet yield of river catfish Pangasianodon hypophthalmus in the Mekong Delta, Vietnam.
Nguyen Van Sang, Nguyen Van Hao, Dinh Hung, Pham Dinh Khoi, Bui Thi Lien Ha, Vu Hai Dinh, Nguyen Dien
Genetics and biodiversity
- Fish for life: Producing high quality fish seed in rural areas of Asia.
David C. Little, Benoy K. Barman and Corinne Critchlow-Watton
Asia-Pacific Marine Finfish Aquaculture Network
- Utilisation of local feed ingredients in tiger grouper grow out moist diets.
Usman, Rachmansyah, Neltje N. Palinggi and Taufik Ahmad
- Optimal nutrition for marine fish.
- SEAFDEC tests its feed formulations for marine fishes.
- Expert Workshop on Guidelines for Aquaculture Certification.
- Responsible movement of live food finfish within ASEAN: Cebu Workshop finalises the standard operating procedures.
- Information and capacity requirements for maintaining aquatic animal biosecurity identified.
- China-ASEAN efforts to minimise risk of spread of aquatic pathogens.
- National Centre for Sustainable Aquaculture inaugurated.
- NACA Better Management Practices program expands in Indonesia.
- Manual on Application of Molecular Tools in Aquaculture and Inland Fisheries Management.
- Research Needs to Sustain Asia-Pacific Aquaculture to 2025 and Beyond.
- Endemic freshwater finfish of Asia: Distribution and conservation status.
Creative Commons Attribution.