1 July 2007 | 996 Downloads | .pdf | 3.02 MB | Tags: Aquatic plants, Culture-based fisheries, Freshwater finfish, Genetics and biodiversity, Hatchery and nursery, Health, India, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Livelihoods and social issues, Marine finfish, Myanmar, Nepal, Nutrition and feeding, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Training and education
- Research needs to sustain the aquaculture sector.
- Buffaloes in favour of culture-based fisheries in Sri Lanka.
Asanka Jayasinghe and Upali Amarasinghe
- Aquafeeds in Myanmar: A Change from farm-made to factory-made feeds.
Wing-Keong Ng, Myint Soe and Hla Phone
Genetics and biodiversity
- Challenging myths about fish seed quality and potential benefits to the rural poor: Lessons learnt in Asia.
David C. Little, Benoy K Barman and Corinne Critchlow-Watton
People in aquaculture
- Magur (Clarias batrachus) seed production using low cost hatcheries: A participatory approach in Dakshin Dinajpur District of West Bengal, India.
- Peter Edwards writes on rural aquaculture: World Vision promotes aquaculture for the poor in Northeast Thailand.
- Cage fish culture and fishery for food security and livelihoods in mid hill lakes of Pokhara Valley, Nepal: Post community based management adoption.
Suresh Kumar Wagle, Tek Bahadur Gurung, Jay Dev Bista and Ash Kumar Rai
Research and farming techniques
- Water hyacinth - a little known role potential in aquatic ecosystems.
R. N. Mandal, P. C. Das, and P. K. Mukhopadhyay
- The effects of the application of different concentrations of trichlorfon on the survival and growth of the larvae and fry of Caspian kutum, Rutilus frisii kutum.
Asia-Pacific Marine Finfish Aquaculture Network Magazine
- Update: Marine finfish research and development at the Research Institute for Mariculture, Gondol, Bali, Indonesia.
Sih Yang Sim, Ketut Suwirya and Mike Rimmer
- Marine fish hatchery training for aquaculture technicians from the South Pacific Region, in Krabi CFRDC, Thailand.
- Holding salinity during the breeding season effects final oocyte maturation and egg quality in sand bass (Psammoperca waigiensis).
Pham Quoc Hung, Nguyen Tuong Anh, Nguyen Dinh Mao
- Rabbitfish Siganus guttatus breeding and larval rearing trial.
Rachmansyah, Usman, Samuel Lante and Taufik Ahmad
- 18th NACA Governing Council held in Bali, Indonesia.
- Strengthening aquatic animal health capacity and biosecurity in ASEAN - final workshop.
- Aquatic animal pathology master class.
- Vietnamese extension manual on culture-based fisheries.
- New project: Culture-based fisheries development in Lao PDR.
- Guidelines on digital publishing: a practical approach for small organizations with limited resources.
- Workshop on understanding and applying risk analysis in aquaculture.
- GISFish: Remote sensing and mapping for aquaculture and inland fisheries.
- Online encyclopaedia to list 1.8 m known species.
- DELTA 2007.
- NACA/FAO partnership working to establish guidelines for certification of farmed fish.
- Asia-Pacific Aquaculture 2007, 5-8 August 2007, Vietnam.
- Skretting sponsorship & scholarships for the Marine Finfish Aquaculture Network.
- The eleventh regular session on genetic resources for food and agriculture.
Creative Commons Attribution.