1 October 2007 | 439 Downloads | .pdf | 5.99 MB | Tags: Bangladesh, China, Culture-based fisheries, Genetics and biodiversity, Hatchery and nursery, Health, India, Indonesia, Inland aquaculture, Iran, Lao PDR, Marine finfish, Myanmar, Shrimp, Vietnam
- Live with what you've got.
- A different form of dumping: The need for a precautionary approach for yet another new species for shrimp farming in Asia.
Sena S. De Silva, C.V. Mohan and Michael J. Phillips
- Sustainable livelihoods of pangus farming in rural Bangladesh.
Nesar Ahmed and Mohammad R. Hasan
- Kolleru carp culture in India: An aquaplosion and an explosion.
Genetics and biodiversity
- The business approach to operating national broodstock centres: An innovative strategy for developing the freshwater aquaculture seed industry in Viet Nam.
Roehlano M. Briones, Tran Thi Huyen Trang, Nguyen Cong Dan, Nguyen Huu Ninh, Pham Van Khanh, Nguyen Hien Thi, Don Griffiths and Trinh Quoc Trong
Research and farming techniques
- A new freshwater aquaculture practice that has successfully targeted a niche export market with major positive societal impacts: Myanmar.
U Khin Aye Maung, U Khin Ko Lay, U Hla Win, Sena S. De Silva
- Sustainable and safe black tiger shrimp seed will increase profit of farmers
- Peter Edwards writes on rural aquaculture: Pilgrimage to traditional carp pond culture in Central Europe.
Asia-Pacific Marine Finfish Aquaculture Network Magazine
- Could domperidone via oral administration enhance final oocyte maturation and ovulation and in the long-term affect egg and larval quality in sand bass Psammoperca waigiensis?
Pham Quoc Hung, Nguyen Tuong Anh, Nguyen Dinh Mao
- Effect of dietary protein and lipid level on growth performance of tiger grouper Epinephelus fuscoguttatus during late-stage grow-out.
Nyoman Adiasmara Giri, K. Suwirya, T. Sutarmat and M. Marzuqi
- Monogenean disease in cultured grouper (Epinephelus spp.) and snapper (Lutjanus argentimaculatus) in Khanh Hoa province, Vietnam.
Do Thi Hoa, Phan Van Ut
- Lao culture-based fisheries project gets underway.
- Expert Workshop on Aquaculture Certification, Brazil.
- Strategies for Development of Asian Reservoir and Lake Fisheries Management.
- EUS identified as cause of fish kills in Africa.
- NACA seeks shrimp farm specialists for assignments in Indonesia.
- FDA detains five species of farm-raised seafood from China.
- 7th Symposium on Diseases in Asian Aquaculture.
- Aquafeed Horizons Asia 2008.
- Scientists join fight against frog diseases.
- Artificial propagation of snow trout Schizothorax zarudnyi by Iranian experts.
- NACA keynotes three international meetings.
- Cullture, capture conflicts project review, Indonesia.
- Sign up to the coldwater aquaculture Yahoo! Tech Group.
- Website publishing and administration training, Vietnam.
- Aquatic Animal diseases Significant to Asia-Pacific: Identification Field Guide.
Creative Commons Attribution.