1 October 2011 | 487 Downloads | .pdf | 6.99 MB | Tags: Food security, safety and certification, Freshwater finfish, Governance, Hatchery and nursery, India, Inland aquaculture, Marine finfish, Markets and trade, Nepal, Ornamentals, Shrimp, Stock enhancement, Training and education
- From the postbag: Thoughts on vannamei.
- Peter Edwards writes on rural aquaculture: Visit to the AwF funded small-scale aquaculture project in Nepal.
People in aquaculture
- Success story of the Barakhandapat Ornamental Fish Breeding Unit, at Patna cluster of Keonjhar, Odisha, India.
Swain, S.K., Ikmal, S.S., Parida, S., Patro, B., Sahoo, S.K., Rajesh, N., Meher, P.K., Jena, J.K. and Jayasankar, P.
- From Kyoto 1976 to Bangkok 2000 and Phuket 2010: Aquaculture development and personal transitions.
Davy, F.B. and De Silva, S.S.
Research and farming techniques
- Embryonic and larval development of Waigieu seaperch (Psammoperca waigiensis).
Hung, P.Q. and Nam, D.X.
- Culture feasibility of freshwater mullet Rhinomugil corsula in ponds in India.
Radheyshyam, Chattopadhyay, D.N. and Sarkar, S.K.
- Management in seed production of an endangered catfish, Horabagrus brachysoma during its hatchery phase.
Sahoo, S.K., Giri, S.S., Chandra, S. and Paramanik, M.
- First ever Ministerial Meeting on aquaculture.
- Keynote address delivered by His Excellency, Mahinda Rajapaksa, President of Sri Lanka.
- Farewell Sena and welcome Eknath!
- 2nd Regional Training Course on Application of Business Management Principles in Small Scale Aquaculture.
- Consultation on Lake and Reservoir Fisheries and Aquaculture Development in Asia.
- Asia Regional Seminar on Certification for Small Scale Aquaculture in Thailand.
- Special issue of the AFS Journal: Integrated technologies for advanced shrimp production.
- Farmers as Stakeholders in Commercial Aquaculture: Free download.
- Marker for banned antibiotic naturally occurs in freshwater prawns and other crustaceans.
Creative Commons Attribution.