Recently, we released a warning of TiLV in Thailand and an improved RT-PCR detection methodology. The Fish Health Platform in Centex, BIOTEC/Mahidol University has also obtained positive test results for TiLV in other Asian countries where it has not yet been reported. Many countries have been translocating tilapia fry/fingerlings prior to and even after the description of TiLV. We have prepared a map listing countries with confirmed reports of TiLV infections and 43 other countries that we believe have imported infected fish.

The 73rd edition of the Quarterly Aquatic Animal Disease Report contains information from 14 governments. The foreword provides information about the implementation of a National Surveillance Programme for Aquatic Animal Diseases (NSPAAD) in India.

Freshwater aquaculture in Myanmar is dominated by rohu, but other carps, tilapia and giant freshwater prawn are also cultured. At present around 25% of freshwater finish farmers in Myanmar are using commercial feeds from factory mills while the remaining 75% still use locally available rice bran only or rice bran and oil cakes. Soft shell mud crab and marine fish farming are thoroughly dependent on trash fish. A significant local feedmill industry exists, but many ingredients need to be imported.

The 72nd edition of the Quarterly Aquatic Animal Disease Report contains information from 12 governments. The foreword provides information about the 15th Meeting of the Asia Regional Advisory Group on Aquatic Animal Health.

This report, the 71st in the series, contains information about the aquatic animal health status of sixteen states in the Asia-Pacific region. The foreword discusses changes to the Quarterly Aquatic Animal Disease Report, including a move to electronic-only distribution.

This report, the 70th in the series, contains information about the aquatic animal health status of nine states in the Asia-Pacific region. The foreword discusses tilapia lake virus, a new viral disease of farmed tilapia.

A Regional Proficiency Testing Program for Aquatic Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratories in Asia-Pacific was developed to strengthen diagnostic capability across Asia. This capability was identified as a requirement to facilitate the sanitary safety of trade in aquatic animal products. The program provided 41 laboratories across the Asia-Pacific with the opportunity to assess their diagnostic performance for 10 regionally significant aquatic animal pathogens, and to adapt or modify practices where necessary to improve.

This report, the 69th in the series, contains information about the aquatic animal health status of nine states in the Asia-Pacific region. The foreword discusses the outcomes of the 14th meeting on the Asia Regional Advisory Group on Aquatic Animal Health.

The Asia Regional Advisory Group on Aquatic Animal Health meets annually to discuss regional health issues including emerging disease threats. This report includes a review of regional disease status circa 2014, global and regional disease reporting arrangements, global issues and standards, progress in implementation of the the Regional Technical Guidelines on Health management for the Responsible Movement of Live Aquatic Animals, identification and designation of regional aquatic animal health resources and regional and international cooperation.

This report, the 68th in the series, contains information about the aquatic animal health status of thirteen states in the Asia-Pacific region. The foreword discusses harmonisation in ASEAN aquaculture certification.