7 May 2019 | 2068 Downloads | .pdf | 1.12 MB | Food security, safety and certification, Freshwater finfish, Health, Marine finfish, Molluscs (shellfish and other), Shrimp, Crabs and lobsters, Australia, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Maldives, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Freshwater prawns, Echinoderms (sea cucumbers, urchins), Ornamentals
This report summarises the proceedings of the 17th meeting of the Advisory Group, held 13-14 November 2018 in Bangkok, Thailand. The group discussed:
- Progress in NACA’s Regional Aquatic Animal Health Programme.
- OIE standards and global issues.
- Updates on FAO initiatives in the Asia-Pacific in support of aquatic animal health.
- Review of regional disease status, including for diseases of fish, crustaceans, molluscs and amphibians.
- Reports on the aquatic animal health programmes of partner agencies.
- Aquatic animal health activities of the private sector (PHARMAQ, Fish Vet Group Asia).
- Quarterly disease reporting status and updates.
- New OIE Disease List and revisions to the Regional Quarterly Aquatic Animal Disease Report for 2018.
The Advisory Group meets annually to provide advice to NACA member governments on aquatic animal health management. The group’s role includes reviewing disease trends and emerging threats in the region, identifying developments in global aquatic disease issues and standards, evaluating the Quarterly Aquatic Animal Disease Reporting Programme and providing guidance on regional strategies to improve aquatic animal health management.
Creative Commons Attribution.