1 October 2008 | 870 Downloads | .pdf | 3.03 MB | Better management practices, Culture-based fisheries, Freshwater finfish, Hatchery and nursery, Health, Livelihoods and social issues, Marine finfish, Nutrition and feeding, Aquatic plants, Shrimp, Crabs and lobsters, Stock enhancement, Environment and sustainability, China, India, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Thailand, Vietnam, Freshwater prawns
- A matter of process.
- Peter Edwards writes on rural aquaculture: An increasingly secure future for wastewater-fed aquaculture in Kolkata, India?
- First culture-based fisheries growth cycle in Lao PDR is overwhelmingly encouraging.
Sena De Silva
- Revival of abandoned shrimp farms in Krishna District of Andhra Pradesh.
National Centre for Sustainable Aquaculture
- Growth of forward and backward industries linked with aquaculture in Kolleru Lake area, Andhra Pradesh, India.
A. K. Roy, G. S. Saha, P. Kumaraiah and N. Sarangi
Research and farming techniques
- Effective marketing strategies for economic viability of prawn farming in Kuttanad, India.
Ranjeet K. and B. Madhusoodana Kurup
- Applications of nutritional biotechnology in aquaculture.
S.D. Singh, S.K. Nayak, M. Sekar and B.K. Behera
Genetics and biodiversity
- Some technical and management aspects of catfish hatcheries in Hong Ngu district, Dong Thap province, Vietnam.
H. P. Hung, N. T. T. An, N. V. Trieu, D. T. Yen, U. Na-Nakorn, Thuy T. T. Nguyen
Aquatic animal health
- Nodavirus: An emerging threat to freshwater prawn farming.
Biju Sam Kamalam, J., Saravanan, S. and Ajith Stalin, J.L.
Asia-Pacific Marine Finfish Aquaculture Network Magazine
- Asian seabass farming: Brainstorming workshop and training in India.
- Comparative study for broodstock management of grey mullet (Mugil cephalus) in cages and earthen ponds with hormone treatment.
Nani Gopal Das, Md. Shahadat Hossain, Sushanta Bhattacharjee and Prabal Barua
- Cultivation of gilthead sea bream (Sparus auratus) in low saline inland water of the southern part of Israel desert.
Samuel Appelbaum and A. Jesu Arockia Raj
- Mariculture development opportunities in SE Sulawesi, Indonesia.
La Ode M. Aslan, Hotman Hutauruk, Armen Zulham, Irwan Effendy, Mhummaed Atid, Michael Phillips, Lars Olsen, Brendan Larkin, Sena S De Silva, Geoff Gooley
- Improved hatchery and grow-out technology for marine finfish.
- Regional technical cooperation in reducing dependence on trash fish.
- Culture, capture conflicts in Indonesian reservoirs: Phase 2.
- Progress on the IFC/NACA Acech Shrimp Project.
- Indian shrimp farmer societies succeed through better management practices.
- In brief.
Creative Commons Attribution.