1 January 2010 | 506 Downloads | .pdf | 3.83 MB | Tags: Better management practices, Climate change, Food security, safety and certification, Freshwater finfish, Freshwater prawns, Genetics and biodiversity, Hatchery and nursery, India, Indonesia, Marine finfish, Markets and trade, Nepal, Shrimp, Vietnam
- Join us for the aquaculture event of the decade.
- Peter Edwards writes on rural aquaculture: The development of 'modern' aquaculture in Java, Indonesia.
- Better Management Practices (BMPs) - gateway to ensuring sustainability of small scale aquaculture and meeting modern day market challenges and opportunities.
Mohan, C.V. and De Silva, S.S.
- An update on organic scampi aquaculture in Andhra Pradesh.
- Unique and innovative cases of emerging domestic fish marketing arrangements in South India.
Kumaran, M., Ravisankar, T., Krishnan, M., Vimala, D.D., Mahalakshmi, P. and Ganeshkumar, B.
Research and farming techniques
- Management in seed rearing of Asian catfish, Clarias batrachus in hatchery conditions.
Sahoo, S.K., Giri, S.S., Chandra, S., Sahu, A.K.
- Supply and use of catfish (Pangasianodon hypophthalmus) seed in the Mekong Delta of Vietnam.
Le Xuan Sinh & Le Le Hien
Genetics and biodiversity
- Risk analysis and sustainability of Pangasianodon hypopthalmus culture in India.
Lakra, W.S. and Singh, A.K.
- Life of a river in the Himalaya: An ecological study of Trisuli River system in Nepal.
Thapa, S., Yonzon, P.B., Rai, A.K.
Marine Finfish Aquaculture Network
- Induced spawning and larviculture of grey mullet, Mugil cephalus in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
Yousif, O.M., Fatah, A.A., Krishna, K., Minh, D.V., Hung, B.V.
- Inception meeting on methodologies for aquaculture society certification.
- Meetings discuss impacts, adaptation to climate change of Vietnamese shrimp farmers.
- Aquaclimate project: India case study.
- In memory of Gagan Bahadur Nhuchhe Pradhan.
- Version 2 of the draft better management practices for catfish farming released.
- Technical course on federating digital library systems.
Creative Commons Attribution.