Aquaculture Asia Magazine, January-March 2008
1 January 2008 | 866 Downloads | .pdf | 9.61 MB | Better management practices, Culture-based fisheries, Food security, safety and certification, Freshwater finfish, Genetics and biodiversity, Hatchery and nursery, Health and welfare, Inland aquaculture, Livelihoods, gender and social issues, Marine finfish, Aquatic plants, Shrimp, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal, Thailand, Vietnam, Governance
- Bioprospecting or biopiracy?
- Developing guidelines for sustainable freshwater aquaculture planning in Vietnam.
Christoph Mathiesen, Don Griffiths, Dr Nguyen Cong Dan, Le Thi Chau Dung, Jacob Fjalland, Ho Cong Huong, Do Duc Tung, Nguyen Thanh Hai and Nguyen Huu Hung
- Aquaculture production, certification and trade: Challenges and opportunities for the small-scale farmer in Asia.
Michael Phillips, Rohana Subasinghe, Jesper Clausen, Koji Yamamoto, CV Mohan, A. Padiyar and Simon Funge Smith
- The successful development of backyard hatcheries for crustaceans in Thailand.
Hassanai Kongkeo, Michael B. New and Naruepon Sukumasavin
- Alternate carp species for diversification in freshwater aquaculture in India.
K. N. Mohanta, S. Subramanian, N. Komarpant and S. Saurabh
Genetics and biodiversity
- Genetic and reproduction technologies for enhanced aquaculture and fisheries management of Murray cod.
Hui King Ho, Meaghan Rourke, William Bravington, Helen McPartlan and Brett A. Ingram
Research and farming techniques
- Effluent and disease management in traditional practices of shrimp farming: A case study on the west coast of Sabah, Malaysia.
Norasma Dacho and Saleem Mustafa
- Status of sahar domestication and its development in the Himalayan Region of Nepal.
Ash Kumar Rai
- Vaccination benefits highlighted as Schering-Plough reinforces commitment to Asian aquaculture.
Schering-Plough Global Aquaculture
- Comparative advantage analysis of shrimp production in Asia.
People in aquaculture
- Strategies to improve livelihood of the rural poor: A case study in two small reservoirs in Binh Phuoc Province, Vietnam.
Ho Manh Tuan, Harvey Demain and Amararatne Yakupitiyage
- Peter Edwards writes on rural aquaculture: Cambodian Government ban on snakehead farming enforced.
Asia-Pacific Marine Finfish Aquaculture Network Magazine
- Marine finfish aquaculture developments at Indonesian Aquaculture 2007.
Production update: Marine finfish aquaculture in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Body size of rotifers from estuaries in North Sulawesi.
Joice Rimper, Richardus Kaswadji, Bambang Widigdo, Nawangsari Sugiri & Inneke F.M. Rumengan
- Better management practices for catfish aquaculture in the Mekong Delta, Vietnam.
- Developing better management practices for marine finfish aquaculture.
- Workshop on modeling carrying capacity for tropical finfish cage culture: Towards a consensus view.
- First comprehensive genetic management plan for Asian fish species: Mahseer.
- NACA and World Fisheries Trust sign agreement on collaboration.
- Fish Health Master Class.
- Second Workshop on Application of Molecular Genetic Techniques in Inland Fisheries and Aquaculture Management.
- Two new species of spiny eels described from Myanmar.
- Importance of species identification in conservation.
- Koh Yao Noi mangrove replanting in celebration of 80th birthday of His Majesty the King of Thailand.
- Responsible movement of live food finfish within ASEAN: Implementation workshop.
- Consultation on aquaculture certification guidelines.
- Strengthening regional mechanisms to maximize benefits to small-holder shrimp farmer groups adopting better management practices.
Creative Commons Attribution.