1 October 2009 | 576 Downloads | .pdf | 2.95 MB | Tags: Australia, Bangladesh, Better management practices, Crabs and lobsters, Freshwater finfish, Genetics and biodiversity, Health, India, Indonesia, Inland aquaculture, Livelihoods and social issues, Marine finfish, Molluscs (shellfish and other), Myanmar, Nutrition and feeding, Ornamentals, Shrimp, Environment and sustainability, Thailand, Training and education, Vietnam
- Climate change: Adaptation and mitigation.
- Peter Edwards writes on rural aquaculture: Changes in traditional inland aquaculture in West Java, Indonesia.
- Mussel farming initiatives in North Kerala, India: A case of successful adoption of technology leading to rural livelihood transformation.
Laxmilatha, P., Thomas, S., Asokan, P.K., Surendranathan, V.G., Sivadasan, M.P., and Ramachandran, N.P.
- Selective study on the availability in indigenous fish species having ornamental value in some districts of West Bengal.
Panigrahi, A.K., Dutta, S. and Ghosh, I.
- Aquaculture livelihoods service centres in Aceh, Indonesia:
A novel approach to improving the livelihoods of small scale fish farmers.
Ravikumar, B. and Yamamoto, K.
Research and farming techniques
- e-Sagu Aqua - an innovative information and communication technology model for transfer of technology for aquaculture.
Vimala, D. D., Ravisankar, T., Mahalakshmi, P., and Kumaran, M.
- Freshwater pearl crop: an emerging enterprise in the Indian subcontinent.
Misra, G., Jena, J. and Kumar, K.
Genetics and biodiversity
- Preliminary risk assessment of Pacific white leg shrimp (P. vannamei) introduced to Thailand for aquaculture.
Senanan, W., Panutrakul, S., Barnette, P., Chavanich, S., Mantachitr, V., Tangkrock-Olan, N., and Viyakarn, V.
- Farmer profile.
Aquatic animal health
- Asian fish health experts visit Australia
Olsen, L. and Ingram, B.
- Black gill disease of cage-cultured ornate rock lobster Panulirus ornatus in central Vietnam caused by Fusarium species.
Nha, V.V., Hoa, D.T. and Khoa, L.V.
Marine Finfish Aquaculture Network
- Effects of the partial substitution fish oil by soybean oil in the diets on muscle fatty acid composition of juvenile cobia (Rachycentron canadum).
Hung, P.D. and Mao, N.D.
- Growth response of cobia Rachycentron canadum (Pisces: Rachycentridae) under the hypersaline conditions of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
Yousif, O.M., Kumar, K.K. and Abdul-Rahman, A.F.A.
- Success Stories in Asian Aquaculture.
- Twelfth Regular Session of Commission on Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture.
- Training of trainers programme will strengthen small scale farmer competitiveness in ASEAN.
- Workshop on development of better management practices for catfish farming in the Mekong Delta organised in Vietnam.
- Vulnerability & adaption of climate change impacts on catfish farming - case study Can Tho, Vietnam.
- NACA welcomes Dr Nigel Abery, Coordinator of the Adaption of aquaculture to climate change project.
- EU supports better management practices for responsible aquaculture.
- Myanmar delegation visits CIFA to study aquaculture.
Creative Commons Attribution.